The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD), in partnership with Carle Health, OSF HealthCare, Christie Clinic, Promise Healthcare, and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign continue to provide COVID-19 initial vaccination doses, boosters, and Pfizer pediatric vaccinations and boosters.
On Thursday, May 19, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) gave final approval supporting ACIP’s (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices) decision to provide Pfizer booster shots for children ages 5 to 11. Eligibility to receive the booster requires it to be at least five months after the child’s second dose of the initial series. For additional first and second booster shot information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District – 201 W. Kenyon Road, Champaign
- Booster shot registration for those ages 5 to 11: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b054ca8a82ca5f94-5114
- May 23 – June 3, 2022 (excluding May 30th)
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Promise Healthcare – 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign
- To schedule an appointment, please call (217) 356-1558.
- Appointments will be available at primary care and pediatric offices and made available soon, check Carle.org for more information.
- Appointments will be available at all of the primary care offices and can be scheduled through osfhealthcare.org/vaccine.
- Appointments can be made by phone as well:
- 217-337-3865 (Urbana)
- 217-337-2995 (Champaign)
- 217-560-6300 (Savoy)
- Parents and guardians of Christie Clinic pediatric patients ages 5 – 11 are encouraged to send a MyChristie patient portal message to their provider to arrange for a booster appointment.
- To register for a MyChristie account visit: https://www.christieclinic.com/mychristie.
- Visit www.vaccinefinder.org for available appointments at local pharmacies.
Please note, additional vaccination options may be available through other retail locations.
Additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found at: https://www.c-uphd.org/covid-vaccinations.html.