COVID vaccinations available throughout community
The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD), in partnership with Carle Health, OSF HealthCare, Christie Clinic, Promise Healthcare, and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign continue to provide COVID-19 initial vaccination doses, boosters, and Pfizer pediatric vaccinations.
On Tuesday, March 29, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) “expanded eligibility for an additional booster dose for certain individuals who may be at higher risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19. Boosters are safe, and people over the age of 50 can now get an additional booster four months after their prior dose to increase their protection further. This is especially important for those 65 and older and those 50 and older with underlying medical conditions that increase their risk for severe disease from COVID-19 as they are the most likely to benefit from receiving an additional booster dose at this time. CDC, in collaboration with FDA and our public health partners, will continue to evaluate the need for additional booster doses for all Americans.”
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District – 201 W. Kenyon Road, Champaign
- Register for 2nd booster at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B054CA8A82CA5F94-2ndcovid
- April 4 – 22, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Promise Healthcare – 819 Bloomington Road, Champaign
- To schedule an appointment, please call (217) 356-1558.
- Appointments will be available at primary care offices and made available soon, check Carle.org for more information.
- Appointments will be available at all of the primary care offices and can be scheduled through //osfhealthcare.org/vaccine.
- Christie Clinic will have booster vaccine available in limited primary care Christie Clinic offices for Christie Clinic patients 50 years and older. If patients have an upcoming appointment, they are encouraged to discuss their eligibility with their primary care provider. For patients without an upcoming appointment, they can visit one of the community-based clinics or visit vaccine.gov to find a vaccine site nearest to them.
- Visit www.vaccinefinder.org for available appointments at local pharmacies.
Please note, additional vaccination options may be available through other retail locations.
Additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found at: https://www.c-uphd.org/covid-vaccinations.html.