Community vaccination clinics to begin next week for eligible individuals.
The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD), in partnership with Carle Health, OSF HealthCare, Christie Clinic, Promise Healthcare, and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign will be hosting community-based COVID-19 Pfizer booster vaccination clinics beginning next week.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), many of the people who are now eligible to receive a booster shot received their initial vaccine early in the vaccination program and will benefit from additional protection. With the Delta variant’s dominance as the circulating strain and cases of COVID-19 increasing significantly across the United States, a booster shot will help strengthen protection against severe disease in those populations who are at high-risk for exposure to COVID-19 or the complications from severe disease. Additional information can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html.
Upcoming community clinics include:
iHotel and Conference Center – 1900 S. 1st Street, Champaign
Pfizer booster vaccinations will be given to individuals meeting the following criteria:
- 65 years of age or older, 50-64 years of age with underlying health conditions, healthcare workers, and first responders who have completed their 1st and 2nd doses of Pfizer
- Must be at least 6 months after the 2nd dose
- Walk-in; no appointment needed
- October 5th – 7th
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kohl’s Plaza – 1901 N. Market Street, Champaign
Pfizer booster vaccinations are available to all eligible individuals at this location.
- Booster appointments can be scheduled through MyCarle and at carle.org/covid-19
- October 5th – 7th, 12th – 14th, 19th – 21st
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Visit www.vaccinefinder.org for available appointments at local pharmacies.
Eligibility for the community-based COVID-19 Pfizer booster vaccination clinics will continue to expand based on the criteria set forth by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found at: https://www.c-uphd.org/covid-vaccinations.html.