Heading into the Thanksgiving holiday, Champaign County is seeing high positivity rate and higher hospitalizations due to COVID-19. While we all hope to gather with our family and friends during the holiday, it is critical to follow CDC guidelines and find alternatives to celebrate Thanksgiving.
The CDC released their recommendations for individuals planning to celebrate including:
- Wearing a mask when not eating or drinking
- Stay 6 ft apart from your guests
- Wash your hands
- Bring your own food, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils
- Have a small outdoor meal with family and friends who live in your community
- Have conversations with guests ahead of time to set expectations for celebrating together
See their full list of recommendations here.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep Champaign County Safe.